Facts and Statistics (from Autism Society of America)
* 1 percent of the population of children in the U.S. ages 3-17 have an autism spectrum disorder.
* Prevalence is estimated at 1 in 110 births.
* 1 to 1.5 million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder.
* Fastest-growing developmental disability; 1,148% growth rate.
* 10 - 17 % annual growth.
* $60 billion annual cost.
* 60% of costs are in adult services.
* Cost of lifelong care can be reduced by 2/3 with early diagnosis and intervention.
* In 10 years, the annual cost will be $200-400 billion.
* 1 percent of the adult population of the United Kingdom have an autism spectrum disorder.
|< Prev||Next >|